Applications will only be accepted through ERAS – program # 1403500929.
Interviews will be offered through ERAS and will begin late October.
Resident applicants must meet the following qualifications for appointment to the Long Island Community Hospital Internal Medicine Residency Program:
1. Graduation from a medical school in the United States or Canada, accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME); or,
2. Graduation from a college of osteopathic medicine in the United States, accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA); or,
3. Graduation from a medical school outside of the United States or Canada, and meeting one of the following additional qualifications:
- holds a currently-valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates prior to appointment; or
- holds a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a United States licensing jurisdiction in his or her current ACGME specialty/subspecialty program; or,
- has graduated from a medical school outside the United States and has completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school.
In addition, our program will preferentially review candidates who have graduated from medical school within 5 years of the application date and have achieved USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 scores greater than 210 on their first attempt. We also expect candidates to have passed the USMLE CS Exam on the first attempt.